Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ashtavakra Gita



This Gita is so beautiful, and brings the heart to the  Self.

For several days I noticed whatever was discussed  I had just experienced that day.

And another interesting thing, is the cleansing that is happenning, so that yesterday I had something come up that I would normally react to, and found that as much as I tried to be in that reaction, it simply wasn't coming forth. It was funny how I had that thinking, but no momentum to fulfill it any longer. Of course I have other areas yet to be sorted through this way of hearing, and I am looking forward to overcoming some very deeply rooted reactions, of taking these things to be who I am, when I know I am  very still and peaceful, and not this wind tossed character at all.

There is a story on the internet by Sri Sri about why we should study the Gita, and he  tells this story of a boy interested in study of the Gita, but who forgets it each day after hearing it, so his Mother  has him fetch water in a basket to explain the way the Gita works to him. The boy carries water in a basket to his Mother, and the water always drips out by the time he gets to his Mother, no matter how fast he brings it back, it is gone. After many trials, the boy says, I cannot bring water in this basket, and The mother points how that all the while, the basket has been cleansed inside.

So it is not about remembering the Gita, it is about remembering our true nature, with this cleansing we experience as the Gita washes us clean.

Look at page bottom for teaching video's by Sri Sri, beautiful, and funny too!
And take the poll about Sudarshan Kriya Yoga. Only 5 days left on this poll.
 And please visit additional links  of interest...
                                          [also at page bottom]


No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page